Top 5 ways your company can benefit from social mediaSocial network is a buzzword around the Houston Business Journal workplaces these days as our Social Madness competitors warms up and as we continue to increase the newsroom's online existence.
Social Madness motivates local businesses to step up their social media video game and get people engaged with their companies, starting with a Houston-only competitors that will send out three finalists from our area into a nationwide occasion.
I'm often asked why social media matters, and how something apparently so ambiguous to some people can be so essential.
Social network helps enhance all the fundamental pillars of excellent business, such as engaging with the general public, converting on-the-fence observers into revenue-generating customers, and attending to customer service problems.
Here are 5 of the greatest upsides to social media:
1. Customer engagement. An easy search on a social networks website is the very best start. If you're trying to introduce your company, a search can help you discover a neighborhood of people interested in your field. If people are currently speaking about your brand name, you can join in the conversation. If the conversation is positive, present a call to action to motivate individuals to purchase. If you hear a negative comment, ward off those prospective dangers by setting the record directly. The very best part? Social media is conversational in nature, so people want to talk. Reach out, and you'll be pleased with the outcomes.
2. Earnings creation. Social media expands your exposure, increases traffic to your site, produces interest in what you offer, and gives you the opportunity to offer promos or specials to seal the offer. The social networks website Pinterest is a fantastic example of how social networks can assist you satisfy revenue goals. Inning accordance with data from Emily Carr University of Art and Design mentioned in the Harvard Business Review, practically 1 in 5 Pinterest users "pin" something they later on buy online. Data from shopify.com found that buyers referred to an online site from Pinterest are 10 percent most likely to purchase.
However not simply sellers can gain from social networks. Take a look at American Express's material marketing project, Open Forum. AmEx produced an online neighborhood of short articles and resources for entrepreneur, sponsored by the brand but not directly selling anything. The goal is to provide a service and then develop loyalty that will move to other business deals.
3. Structure commitment. Consumers are most likely to stick with your brand name if they trust you. Social media can improve this. If you can show that your business lives by its values, people with the same worths will react-- and those pictures of your workplace Halloween celebration contribute, providing a peek of your personality to make your company stand apart.
Social media boosts the relationship with customers by developing open lines of communication. If a customer tweets a concern or grievance about a brand and is right away answered, that in fact enhances the bond with the brand. Exist in the discussion and consumers will value it.
4. Thought leadership. You can connect with your fans and fans, and fulfill new ones, by ditching the salesmanship and taking part in an intellectual conversation about your area of knowledge. Franklin Templeton Investments is a good example of a company utilizing Facebook advantageously. The company's Facebook page posts important tidbits like real-time market updates, quotes from Benjamin Franklin and links to here longer post composed by investors. Not every post straight includes the trading of bonds or stocks, but by providing insight to investors, a company can show that it knows what it's speaking about, and individuals may think about doing business with it the next time.
5. Seo. As much as word-of-mouth works, lots of people go straight to Google to search for what they require. Having active accounts on numerous social networks sites can help position your company higher in page rankings and more likely to appear in a search.
Think you're all set to obtain started? Believe you need help beefing up exactly what you already have? Hope you'll watch for my continuing series of posts about how finest to get going on numerous social media sites.